Things Bosses Do That Make Employees Stay!
It’s pretty incredible how often you hear managers complaining about their best employees leaving.
Here are a few ways to ensure your employees are loyal to the company and you as a manager.
- Recognize contributions and reward good work. Productivity per hour increases when employees work a reasonable 40 hour work week. Managers need to communicate with their people and reward them for a job well done. Never underestimate the simple power of a pat on the back.
- Care about their employees. Smart companies make certain their managers know how to balance being professional and being human.
- Honor their commitments. When you uphold a commitment, you grow in the eyes of your employees. After all, when the boss honors his or her commitments, the employee will do the same.
- Hire and promote the right people. Employees will go above and beyond the call of duty when they are promoted and rewarded for their hard work.
- Let people pursue their passions and develop their people skills. Talented employees are passionate. Providing opportunities for them to pursue their passions improves their productivity and job satisfaction. When you have a talented employee it’s up to you to keep finding areas in which they can expand their skill set. If you don’t, your best people will grow bored and complacent.
Think about how you are creating a culture where employees thrive and grow. What do you do as a as a company and a boss to keep your people happy?